The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning SolutionGlycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
Regimen Step 2: Treat
Targets Signs of Aging, Dullness, Textural Irregularities, Uneven Skin Tone
Suited to All Skin Types
Format Water-based Toner
In your regimen
- Step 2: Treat
Use after cleansing, before anhydrous serums, oils, suspensions or creams.
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution significantly smoothes skin texture and promotes the appearance of a more even skin tone, as well as more luminous skin, with regular use. It also reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The water-based toner format is suited to daily use.
It contains a 7% concentration of Glycolic acid - a well-studied alpha-hydroxy acid - and a plant-derived Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative, which varies in colour seasonally, and which may cause an apparent colour variation in the formula from time to time.
This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to the additional sun protection notes and other warnings in the provided directions.
This pH of this formula is approximately 3.6. Glycolic Acid has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa describes the acidity of a molecule. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation.
The Ordinary Tip: The multi-functional formula can also be applied to the scalp, where it helps rebalance and reduces dryness by hydrating the scalp skin.
How to use
- Use no more frequently than once daily, ideally in the evening.
- After cleansing, saturate a cotton pad with the formula and sweep across the face and neck.
- To use on scalp, use the nozzle to gently dispense product from the front to the back of the head in a sweeping motion. Apply to a dry scalp and massage well. Apply 3 times per week.
- Do not use on sensitive, peeling, or compromised skin. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes.
- Do not rinse off. Continue with additional skincare products as needed.
- Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
- If irritation occurs, rinse off, cease use, and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children
- Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn.
- Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
Always patch test before use.
When to use
Use in PM
12 months after opening.
Do not use withCopper Peptides Direct Vitamin C EUK Niacinamide Powder Peptides Retinoids Direct Acids
In the News
How to build a skin regimen
Cleanse the skin and prepare it to receive active ingredients.
Address specific skin concerns using targeted formulas. Always check each product's Usage Details to ensure products are compatible in the same routine.
Lock in benefits and support the skin barrier.