The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HALactic Acid 10% + HA
Regimen Step 2: Treat
Targets Textural Irregularities, Dullness, Uneven Skin Tone
Suited to Dry Skin
Format Water-based Serum
- 3.60 - 3.80
In your regimen
- Step 2: Treat
Use after cleansing, before anhydrous serums, oils, suspensions or creams.
Lactic Acid 10% + HA is an alpha hydroxy acid solution that offers effective exfoliation targeted at the skin’s surface. It is supported with purified Tasmanian pepperberry extract, which has been shown to reduce irritation and sensitivity that can be associated with acid use. This water-based serum is ideal for dry skin types. This pH of this formula is approximately 3.8. Lactic Acid has a pKa of 3.8 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation
How to use
- Apply once daily, ideally in the evening.
- The formula can be diluted with other products to reduce strength until skin develops tolerance.
- Do not use on sensitive, peeling, or compromised skin.
- Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes.
- Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.
- If irritation occurs, rinse off, cease use, and consult a physician.
- Use only as directed on unbroken skin.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn.
- Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
Always patch test before use.
When to use
Use in PM
12 months after opening.
Do not use withCopper Peptides Direct Acids Direct Vitamin C EUK Niacinamide Powder Peptides Retinoids
How to build a skin regimen
Cleanse the skin and prepare it to receive active ingredients.
Lock in benefits and support the skin barrier.